Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Cold Day in Paradise

In the first installment of Steve Hamilton's Alex McKnight series, A Cold Day in Paradise, you would be introduced to Alex's world. Seventeen years ago, he was a Detroit policeman who lost his partner and was shot three times with one bullet still in his chest. He put away a psycho maniac named Maxillian Rose. Now he was called in for help from his best friend, Edwin Fulton, when he was stuck with his gambling issues and was caught up in a crime scene. From there, it went to hell in a hand basket, when another book maker was found dead and someone stalked him who drove him crazy. When he found out that his best friend was "dead", he couldn't believe the set up and who was behind it in Paradise, Michigan.

This was another gripping serial thriller. I loved gotten to know more about Alex and his anguish of fear. I did feel bad for him in more ways than one. I didn't like Sylvia that much, the same for Uttley and Prudell. They were both slime and rats in my opinion. I loved the central location of Michigan and the town of Paradise, even during the winter time. This left me feeling cold and numb all over with chills down my spine. Great drama, plenty of suspense and intrigue, and lots of mystery all around to the end.

Ready to spend a cold day in Paradise (Michigan)? If so, warm up with this thriller today!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.