Monday, January 19, 2015

Alpine Betrayal

In the second installment of Mary Daheim's Emma Lord cozy series, Alpine Betrayal, Emma Lord returned to solve another crime in her small town of Alpine Washington. When Dani Marsh returned to Alpine to shoot a film, it stirred up a lot of trouble and controversy. When her ex-husband, Cody Graff, ended up dead, it was up to Emma to find out who did it and why, while she maintained contact with Tom Cavanaugh, her son's biological father, to be in touch with her son Adam over in Alaska. The closer to the truth she ended up, the more she uncovered the truth of her father and other secrets came up to light, before this case could be considered closed.

This was another enjoyable Emma Lord cozy. I did care about Emma and her son Adam, and their relationship with Tom. I also liked the people at the newspaper. I didn't like Dani so much, or her mother, too. I did like the small town concept of Alpine, Washington to set the scenery.  This made me think a lot on whodunit and so would you. I liked the way it was wrapped up in the end. Good dramatic action, lots of tension and intrigue for this mystery.

Are you ready for a betrayal in Alpine?  Grab a copy today!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.