Monday, August 24, 2009

The Quiche of Death

The Quiche of Death is the first of many books in the Agatha Raisin series by MC Beaton. This is set in an English village with Agatha Raisin, a senior citizen on retirement from the PR world, when she got herself into a doozy of a dilemma of murder, mayhem and darkness, when a quiet town held so many secrets, for this quick and easy read. She makes one hell of a detective when she's clued in for murder. Dig in and enjoy.

By the way, if you love mysteries, skydiving or both, this week author Rachel Brady is offering a contest to win her book, Final Approach, at http://writeitanyway.blogspot.com/. Enter this week by Tweeting, being her Facebook fan, emailing or adding it to your blog. Good luck.

2 comments :

  1. My mother-in-law just adores the Agatha Raisin mysteries! I have not read any of them, but they seem like good winter fun reading.

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lezlie...I will be reading more Raisin during the winter months. Beaton seems to embody cozy mysteries and makes me want to read her sitting next a fire wrapped in a blanket. It has been a few days but I keep remembering when Agatha took the elderly couple on a day out...too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.