Friday, August 17, 2012

The Lake House

Although this novel took me longer to read, on and off, it's also difficult to classify it under genres. I kept it as mystery, since I didn't read When the Wind Blows, and since Patterson writes mysteries. But it does have sci fi/fantasy elements in it, the mad science appeal of Robin Cook's Mutation and horror elements a tiny bit of Dean Koontz. So it's a combination of this and that. Maybe I should've read When the Wind Blows first. When I do read that book, maybe I can understand it better. This is a weird tale of a bird-human hybrid of six children from a dangerous DNA experiment in a hospital and their mad DNA experimentation. We're introduced to Kit and Frannie and the six bird children, mainly from Maximum aka Max's POV, when they fight evil forces and the press and the people who want them dead. Beautiful scenery in crisp chapters, but a bit bizarre for me. I almost gave it a two-and-a-half scene, but there's no half-stars here.  I really felt for Max and Frannie and their own struggles. So it's about so-so for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.