Saturday, September 5, 2009

Black Order

If you love thrillers with something special added to it, you'll love James Rollins's Black Order, the third book in the Sigma Force series. It all started with a sinister fire in Poland that covered up the plot to steal Charles Darwin's Bible. For Gray Pierce, he dove into a mystery that went as far back to Nazi Germany and horrible experiments done in an abandoned lab in Poland. In Nepal, a strain of madness ravishes a monastery, when monks turn to cannibalism and torture. For Lisa Cummings, an American doctor who investigated the atrocity, was the brutal target for assassin. Her only ally was Painter Crowe, the director of Sigma Force, who already showed signs of the malady. Now it was up to Gray Pierce to save them both in a race of time.

 This thriller had a lot going in from start to finish. I cared for Gray, Painter, Lisa and the whole planet. I didn't like this madness that spread across the world, either. I loved the dual locations of Poland and Nepal for this novel's awesome settings. It made it seem so remote, too. There was a hint of romance, lots of action, plenty of drama and conflict, a flavor of history. and a sprinkling of science fiction and science to give it some oomph.This would make you want to read it again and again.

Will you brace yourself for the black order? If, check it out today!


3 comments :

  1. I have a couple of Rollins's books but never read them. I will have to give him a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I burned through Rollins's whole Sigma Force series earlier this year and now I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out. I like how he manages to link history with modern science in some pretty surprising ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great read. I'm adding it to my must read list!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.