Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Killer Crop

If you love culinary cozies, you'll enjoy this one from the Orchard Mysteries. When I've read A Killer Crop, it was a good cozy. We were enveloped into a rustic world of living in Massachusetts, when a murder took place. We were introduced to Meg Corey, who now learned the ropes of apple picking for her orchard. There was so much that goes into the process, whether by hand or by machine, even to make cider, for harvest season.  It was a lot of hard work to learn about apple picking.  It's educational and informative all at once, highlighting Meg's life in the story. When she was tired from a hard day at work, so am I.  We saw her struggle, when her mom visited her, on telling her about her boyfriend, Seth. I'm so glad that later on, she introduced him to her. He was some kind of handy eye candy in my opinion.  But we could see a growing relationship between Seth and Meg, even before and after she told her parents about him. We also learned more about Emily Dickinson's life and Meg's fictional relationship to it. It was  a good balance for a culinary cozy with a hint of historical fiction and tons of intrigue, when Meg solved her another. This is an enjoyable read.

This was another fantastic culinary cozy. I continued to love the small town community of Granford, Massachusetts. I loved how they came together. I love seeing Meg with Seth. The insight of the apple orchard process  was quite interesting as well. Her mother's appearance was quite amusing and inquisitive to know about her family. I loved the Emily Dickinson genealogical twist to this cozy as well.

Ready to pick up a good cozy? Give this one a go today!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.