Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hunger

In Jackie Kessler's Hunger was about Lisa Lewis, who was an anorexic teen and denied about her eating disorder. She was chosen to be Famine, one of the Horsemen for Death, who learned about her gift, and her advisory. While she understood her gift, she fought with her family and friends, and became sicker and sicker. It wasn't until later, when she fought her own battle, and wanted to live, when she didn't want to be Famine anymore. Hunger had humor for this urban fantasy, and taught us about eating disorders for teens all alike.

This was a great urban fantasy for the YA genre. This dealt with eating disorders and with the historical 5 Horsemen. I loved how it was told in the most delicate ways of overeating or under-eating as well. I liked the storyline and how Lisa fought her own battle to eat and get better. I loved the concept and the backdrop as well. I couldn't find anything wrong to hate in this story. I just loved it for a gentle reading.

Don't go hungry! Grab a bite and a copy today!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.