Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Special Review: Virgin River from December 2008

Welcome to Virgin River. In Robyn Carr's contemporary romance debut, Virgin River, she introduced us to a small-town in California, when everyone pitched in to help each other. For Melinda Monroe, a widowed midwife, had answered the call from a newspaper's classified ad. From there, she knew it was the perfect place to have a clean fresh start to heal her heart and to regenerate her nursing career. When she arrived there, she met an array of friends who welcomed her with opened arms. She also met Jack Sheridan, a rugged Marine and bartender at the local bar, who befriended her and helped cemented her new life there as well.

This was a wonderful introduction to the series. It had five-star quality in my opinion.  In my eyes, I could visualize Virgin River with its scenic depictions and lovely scenery for the setting. I loved how the community came together to meet Melinda and how Jack became the champion she needed in tough times. The pairing with Jack and Mel was perfect in my opinion. This was packed with a hint of drama, tons of hot romance, and plenty of intrigue to spice things up. I love this series. That's my kind of place I want to live in, too.

Want to make a pit-stop in Virgin River? Come on over to check out a copy today!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.