Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Curse of the Pharoahs

In the second installment of Elizabeth Peters's Amelia Peabody series, The Curse of the Pharoahs, Amelia and Radcliffe Emerson return to Egypt in this newest adventure. This time, they went to deal with an ancient curse in Luxor Egypt, when the late Lord Baskerville was found dead. When they left their son, Ramses, behind in England, they meet an interesting array of characters, like the crazy Lady Berengeria. They came to a bunch of mishaps and accidents, when it dealt with the lady in white floating around, and the curse of King Tut's tomb. It was up to them to discover who was the murderer, too.

I always found this series charming and intellectual at the same time. I loved the concept of setting a mystery in the 1800s for Egypt. It seemed to me, that Egyptology is still now a fascinating subject for novels. I found Amelia and Radcliffe a helluva pair for a couple, while Ramses, I did find a tiny bit sad for him, when they left him behind. But I'm always amused when they manage to solve the crime in the end of the novel.  Great mystery, nice action and adventure, and plenty of intrigue and danger along the way.

Ready to uncover the curse? Round up a copy today!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.