Saturday, July 26, 2014

Special review from 2/09: Blacklist

In the eleventh installment of the V.I. Warshawski series, Blacklist, she returned back on the scene with a new client and new case to tackle. In post-9/11, V.I. was eager to take on a request from a previous old client to check on an empty mansion. She ended up more than she bargained for with an intruder in the dark, and a dead body of a reporter in the pond. She tumbled into a war between two prestigious Chicago families with decades-old secrets that lurked from the skeletons in their closet. In the midst of this warring battle, she became involved in a case of a missing Egyptian boy with terrorist connections. With everything going on, this propelled her to move forward and treacherously, before she became the next victim to turn up dead.

To have this set during post-9/11 in Chicago, it was the perfect backdrop to portray how tensions can be so high. I loved how V.I. wanted to take on a new work and discovered old harbored secrets. This gave me goosebumps when I read this with plenty of twists and turns. V.I. was a true bona fide heroine in this series to root for. I didn't like the two warring families who had a bone to pick with one another--no pun intended. You'll be intrigued to find out more.

Check this out today!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.