Sunday, June 15, 2014

Indemnity Only

If you're a big fan of mysteries, then Sara Paretsky's debut, Indemnity Only, is the one for you. This one started the ongoing series from start to finish with the first installment. V.I. Warshawski was a private investigator, when her first case was more complicated and perplexed than before. It all started with the hunt of two missing people and spread out to there with other discoveries. Other than being roughed up and threatened, nothing stopped V.I. from getting down to the answers and the truth right down to the heart of the matter. And when the going got tough, it kept getting complicated. This is a fun read with full of dramatic surprises to keep you guessing.

V.I. Warshawski was an interesting and complex character.  I liked her bravado and tenacity to come through with the answers and piece together the puzzle.  She came out fighting like a lioness on the prowl. I loved how she made the connection between the two cases as well. I didn't like the bad guys from the gang and the link to the missing person's father.  Too slimy in my case. Chicago and later Wyoming was a great scenic location for this storyline. You would be hooked with this one as well.

Ready for a great read for Black Friday shopping? Add this to your wish list this weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.