Thursday, January 1, 2015

Nancy Drew and the Secret of the Old Clock

In Carolyn Keene's Nancy Drew and the Secret of the Old Clock, the first installment of the Nancy Drew series, this classic YA mystery was a favorite of the young and the old. In this story, Nancy Drew helped out with her father on solving his first case. When a will from Josiah Crowley came into question, he left his inheritance to the Tophams. It made her wonder, if there was a later will. It was up to Nancy to find the will and thwart thieves to set things right to the rightful heirs.

The Nancy Drew series in both versions throughout the years have been a favorite of mine for all time. I really enjoyed reliving the series for a second time around. I did care about Nancy Drew, the Turners, the Hoovers, and the other heirs. I didn't like the Tophams one bit. I did like the central California locations like the Moon Lake camp that Nancy went through. This made me feel nostalgic and put a smile on my face. Good classic mystery with a hint of drama and intrigue with non-stop heart-pounding action.

Ready to relive a classic? Check it out to read or reread today!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.