Sunday, September 14, 2014

KIller Cuts

In the 8th installment of the Dead-End Job Mystery series by Elaine Viets, we've found Helen working as a gopher for the stylist to the stars and regulars in Killer Cuts. While Helen prepared for her own wedding, she helped Miguel Angel with the wedding details for Honey and King Oden's wedding. A lot of drama happened at the salon, when Phoebe, one of the assistants made rude comments to his customers and flirted with the wedding guests. On Honey's wedding day, it turned out to be a nightmare, when King Oden, a blog communist about gossip ended up dead by drowning, after they said "I Do." From there, Miguel fired Phoebe and rumors spread about Miguel being a person of interest. It was up to Helen and Phil to clear his name and save his business, before it would become too late for Helen's second wedding.

I love the couple of Phil and Helen. They both get a second chance in romance. I also love the Florida location and the scenic backdrop. To have it feature a hair salon was quick and witty with some interesting characters. I didn't like King Oden or Phoebe one bit. Miguel was an interesting and unusual character as well. But he did grew on me. There were some parts that I moaned and groaned  and let out a quick breath. I always look forward for more Helen Hawthorne cozies in the series.

Ready for a trim? Grab a copy or place it on your wish list!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop on by and leave me a note.